Welcome to Sarah's blog about her year teaching English in Uijeongbu, South Korea. Enjoy!
RSS

Friday, October 23, 2009

Things that make me smile

Some short thoughts I've been meaning to post...

Last week I walked into my classroom to a funny scene by one of my students, English name Cole, who has a difficult time paying attention and following along. He had two pieces of scotch tape holding up his upper eyelids and two pieces of scotch tape pulling down his bottom lid. He looked at me and said with a completely straight face (and no blinking), "Teacher! Teacher! No sleep! No Sleep!" I burst out laughing - couldn't even hold it in. He was serious - he never cracked a smile. The best part was - he participated way more than usual. Maybe I should recommend this method for my middle school classes!

Went hiking on this mountain last weekend. More details and pictures to come. It was gorgeous with all of the fall colors. The picture at the top of my blog are leaves that I've collected.

I'm meeting a potential kitten for adoption tonight! I'm soooo stoked! He's adorable and sounds amazing! Apparently he likes to watch TV and movies when they're on! heehee! His temporary name is Little Guy or Karra. I felt he was calling my name. The foster parents are bringing him over to my apartment after I get off work tonight (so nice and willing of them - its a one hour drive!) If we click, I'll keep him now or think about it for a few days and prepare my apartment for his arrival!

Wanted to share this diary entry of one of my students that moved up levels of classes and switched from the other foreign teacher to me. Made me smile. (These are the kind of things I get to grade!! I included the mistakes too!)
" 'New Teacher'
My new teacher is 'Sarah' She is very pretty and she is very kind. Umm...And She is very fun fun ~! I like her. Dominic is very fun. but Sarah is very very very very very x10000000 fun. :) Ah. Sorry. Dominic ^^;"

:) = ^^

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Seeing your smile makes me smile :) I would agree with your student x 10000000!

Post a Comment