Welcome to Sarah's blog about her year teaching English in Uijeongbu, South Korea. Enjoy!
RSS

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Home

I'm currently sitting at a coffee shop at the station by my house (Yoger Presso) drinking a hot mint mocha latte and eating a hot blueberry waffle with powdered sugar. On my way out I said goodbye to my kitty who was not happy with my leaving. While walking along the river to the station, listening to the Bird and the Bee (my current "always listen to" band,) I soaked up the sun and cool fresh air. I couldn't help but smile over the remaining nature, warm sun rays, happy people walking with loved ones, and accepting this place at my home.

I think back on the places I've called home: Lenexa, St. Teresa's Academy, Creighton, Omaha, and now Uijeongbu. They say home is where your heart is. Is it possible to split your heart into many? My heart seems to be stretched thin these days. :) In each home, it never quite became that for me until I found my "family." Only recently did I start finding my group here and frankly, they're my newest family. Of course having a child (aka kitten) helps with the whole family concept. I no longer am expecting the week to end with a flight to the USA because I'm "only on vacation." I have accepted that this is my life for the next year and I'm enjoying it. My how time flies when you're having fun - 1/4 finished with my year.

I'll be heading to the Seoul horseraces with Alison and the girls in a few minutes and maybe be making some money! ha actually I don't even know if I'll be betting but it should be a fun time and a chance to meet more foreigners!

Oh yeah - and welcome to South Korea Zach!! (friend from KC teaching south of Seoul...)

Hoping your week starts as bright as mine... ^^

0 comments:

Post a Comment