Welcome to Sarah's blog about her year teaching English in Uijeongbu, South Korea. Enjoy!
RSS

Friday, June 4, 2010

Time

Well it certainly has been over a week since my last post. In fact, it's been more like 3 months. Considering a quarter of my total stay of time has passed, there is too much to say. I've been drafting a blog about Thailand on my computer for a while and it's just ridiculously long. I will upload it, but no expectations on reading the whole thing. Ha. I think this blog has served more of a personal diary anyway and the fact that people get to read it if they want is an added bonus in my perspective.

In case you weren't aware, I was without a computer for two months (the biggest excuse I have for not updating!) and now have a teeny tiny pet computer. It's an Acer 10" 2lb Aspire in Red with 160G. Super cheap. Super light. Lots of memory. Great new friend! Now that I'm connected to the world again, I tapping into my list of to dos. I've started back into studying Korean. I'm editing and eventually uploading photos from the past three months (some really great stuff!) I'm job searching (AAAAHHHHHHHh!!! There's a lot to go through - and none that I really like...so far! heehee) I'm catching up with friends I haven't talked to for a while. It's all good.

As for "How am I doing?" I'm in a good spot right now. I've gone through some major downs in the past 3 months and I feel like a new person with bigger and more mature perspectives and knowledge. Living abroad can prove to be a time to feel alone and a time to grow yourself. I've learned the benefits of taking time for myself more than ever. I'd say I have an introvert/extrovert balance. I've been with Phil for 10 months now and seeing him doesn't feel so far away anymore. I must admit I'm proud of us for making it this far. It seems there are more couples who fail than succeed in long distance at this length. I'm starting to feel anxious about coming home and the transitions I'll go through. It won't be easy but attitude is power and with the right one many great things can happen.

Random question: How do you peel bananas? I peel from the bottom.

Funny student moment: In a past simple question exercise, I asked my student to answer, "Who did you eat with?" He confidently said, "I ate my friends." Whoops - you forgot "with"!!

Next blog (or vlog if I feel pretty enough!) coming WAAAAAAAAAAAY sooner than last time. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment